Sunday, February 17, 2013

Triple B Chicken w/ Cauliflower Mash

That's Bacon, Bleu Cheese, and BBQ, my friends.

I'm always looking for new things to do with chicken. Often, I'll do a quick survey of what's in my fridge, and that's how I decide what dinner will consist of. I always know what kind of protein we'll be eating, and generally have an idea of what side to pair it with. But sometimes coming up with creative toppings and/or seasoning becomes a challenge.

On a recent night, this little gem was invented.





Ingredients:

Olive oil to coat pan
1 Chicken breast filet
1 1/2 Slices of bacon, chopped
BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
2 Pinches chopped green onion
3 Tbsps. bleu cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Cauliflower florets
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. butter
1/4 C Milk or milk substitute


BBQ Sauce:

1/4 C Plain tomato sauce
2 Heaping Tbsps. honey
2 Heaping Tbsps. brown sugar
1 tbsp. Grade A Maple syrup
Dash of hot sauce (I prefer Frank's or Krystal for this)
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

Coat pan with olive oil. Fry bacon slices. Set bacon slices aside.
Place chicken breast seasoned with s+p in pan with bacon grease, coat with BBQ sauce on both sides.
Turn occasionally.

While chicken is cooking, steam cauliflower. Add to blender or food processor, along with milk, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend on low speed. Plate cauliflower mash.

Remove chicken from pan. Place on top of the bed of cauliflower mash. Top chicken with bleu cheese, bacon, and finish with green onion.

Serves 1




2 comments:

  1. This dish is everything that my husband loves, I'm so making it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, Kari! Let me know how it turns out for you :)

      Delete